This is not one of those small men

Monday 11 April 2011

Jonathan just asked me to be his girlfriend. Isn't he cute?! It's the first time someone asks me in such a direct way and after this short period of time.

After some grocery shopping, we were just lying around on a Sunday afternoon, talking to each other and then, "Elaine, do you want to be my girlfriend?" he asked, out of the blue.

I burst out laughing.

"It was just a joke. I just wanted to see your reaction,” he said. Then a few minutes later, "It's my grand-parent's anniversary soon, do you want to come with me?...If we're still talking by then of course," he asked.

Aww, you don't want to look like a loner? Okay then, I'll go with you,” I answered, pretending not to know what he meant.

"Not that I will look like a loner geez, do you want to be my girlfriend?" he asked again.

I was silent, not knowing what to day. “Okay,” I finally answered.

Although, time doesn't have value in itself, I still think it's a bit fast. We’re together 5 days on 7, which is honestly a bit too much. I don’t even have time to be away and to miss him. I'm quite an independent woman and I like to spend a lot of time alone. It takes time to adapt to all these texts and calls everyday and to see the same person every so often. It just takes time for me to like someone in general.

"So you're my girlfriend now, you know what that means?" he asked. "It means you cannot have another boyfriend other than me. You have to be faithful.

"K..." I answered.

"Don't just accept because I'm telling you. Do you want it or not?" he asked.

"Yes dude, I said it and I will do it," I answered.

I'm happy because I think I'm really lucky for being with such a good guy, even if he makes fun of my accent all the time. He introduces me to his friends, cooks for me, sends me music he composed, he's understanding and patient. Good things come over time. He said he doesn’t think I’m complicated, he likes the way I laugh all the time, he knows everything about me and he isn’t afraid of my baggage. He’s definitely not a small man if he can handle someone like me. He didn't even pressure me to have sex with him because he said he doesn't want me to hate him. It makes the process of getting to know him just that much more smooth and drama-free. “We can be physically close but mentally apart, and I don't want that. It will take time for you to heal but that’s okay, we have a lot of time ahead of us,” he said. He's really sweet. It’s too good to be true.

Yes yes, I know what y’all thinking. This will not last more than two months, and that’s what I’ve been thinking too. I almost wanted to call him when I got home to tell him that it's okay if he said things when he was caught in the moment, I'll just pretend I never heard anything. I feel bad for making him wait. He wanted to celebrate my birthday with me and I refused because, who knows if we’ll still be talking by then…

He often tells me that he has to be careful because he thinks I’m a heartbreaker. I remember he once asked me if we'll have a future. I didn’t answer him but the answer leans a bit more towards the negative side…but I don’t want to let go of such a good guy right now. Maybe I will be able to fall in love again someday?
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved