Opposite of truth

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Honesty shows strength but, it could also be a protective measure to avoid deception. I recently picked up the habit to tell people beforehand why they shouldn't like me. I'm not caring, nor am I compassionate. I'm really annoying, complicated, selfish and even a little superficial. Despite that, they'd still try to find reasons to help me justify it and to support their vision of me. "I like your attitude. It's different and it shows character" or "That's some solid backbone that you have. I like that" they'd say. I see fiery flames burning from those mouths but underneath, it's so redundant. All the flattery makes none of it special.

One thing I learned this year is that, sometimes, the opposite of truth isn’t necessarily the simple deliberate lies, but rather unrealistic expectations, comforting illusions of the ideal and persistence of thought. Seeing what you're prepared to see is more dangerous than lying. It always ends up deceiving and hurting.

One day, they realize that good qualities do not conceal up the awful things; they always go hand in hand. Someone who's bold and determined, usually also means they are pushy and likely to be stubborn and independent. Perhaps, I'm not the one who haven't openned up...it's just that some people want to see what they expect to see; the sensitive and the good in me? No thanks, I'm a bitch.
If you ever wonder why I'm being so mean to you; it's because my bitchiness doesn't like to be excused.

See all or see nothing.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved