Reflection

Friday 27 February 2009

A few days before I left, we argued for some small things. That was when I learnt that if you're not happy, you should tell the person you're dealing with. Even if it's just for some small things because many small things added up together becomes a big thing. If you just swallow it everytime, one day you will not be able to take it anymore and you will explode. As obvious as it is, I didn't understand that before because I always wanted to make people believe that I'm the most perfect creature in the world and that they'll regret it if they ever lose me...it was very superficial. Learning to share what we have and being able to accept the imperfections means you're comfortable around each other and you can relie on him. We compensated for each other's flaws.

Whenever I do something that makes him mad, he will not tell me that it bothers him. If I wanted to go somewhere, he will come with me even though he might hate that place. I know he wants to make me happy and honestly, I feel blessed that someone wanted me to be happy. However I think I would be even happier if he does what he likes, says what he has to say and makes decisions for me and for himself sometimes. I'm pretty sure he will change if I told him to, but is that a good thing even if he's willing to do it? I told him that I will be happy no matter what he decides to do, but he has to do it for himself, because he will not be truly happy and it's just not worth it if it were for anyone else including me.

Another thing I learnt is that, if you really love someone, you will accept his flaws. But if you don't really love that person then his flaws or even random things can become your excuse to leave him. I always tell people that it wasn't possible for us to go on because we live on opposite sides of the world, but now you know that's not the real reason. When people ask my advice on long-distance relationships, I always tell them: It works it you believe it works, it doesn't work if you don't believe it works, but asking that question means that you're hesitating so that's why it will not work for you. Maybe I were never in love with Kevin, but I do love him as much as I love my family and he made a great change in my life.

A lots of times, people are conscient of certain things, but will not understand or accept it until they live it. Even though they finally live it, they might not realize it so they never learn from it.


Think back sometimes.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved