Paris, day 1 and 2

Thursday 8 October 2015

I just got back home yesterday, and the jet lag isn't too bad. I was really excited to come back home...there is so much I want to do for fall. Paris was beautiful...but there were too many tourists. It's not really my type of vacation; it's very crowded and you wait hours to see the famous places...and as I said, I only decided to go there to meet up with a friend who stood me up in the end. It's also one of those places where many people go to take pre-wedding photos...and most of them are mainland Chinese. I still prefer countries that less people travel to...it doesn't stress me out as much.




I arrived in Paris in the evening of Wednesday, and didn't do much. I stayed in a quite nice area, which is very close to that famous street called Champs-Élysées. The streets in Paris are very wide, and sometimes a little confusing. The next day was a productive day. Someone recommended me to do those free walking tours, which are cool because Paris is huge and if you don't have much time, you can decide where you want to spend more time after they show you around.





We walked through the latin quarter to the little island where Notre-Dame de Paris is, and then we talked along Seine river under some of the famous bridges, such as that bridge with locks, but most are removed now.




Apparently, those locks reached a few tons...that's too much love for the bridge! We also walked passed the famous Louvre museum, the Tuilerie Garden and Place Concorde, which is where the tour ended.

From there, I walked on my own to Eiffel tour. I didn't know my way, but it was easy to find; you just had to walk towards it.




On my way there, I walked passed Photoquai, which is a photography museum on the banks of Seine that presents non-European photographers. I'm so glad I found that place accidentally. I could spend hours there. I definitely prefer these type of museum than those world-renowned museum where most people go for the hype of it. Not that it takes anything away from those museums, but sometimes, it ruins the experience.

I reached Eiffel tower an hour later, and I wanted to come back at night because it sparkles when it's dark.




So I walked to Passy area and came accross that place where a scene of the movie Inception is filmed. I saw it on a magazine on the plane, but I told myself that I will not go look for those places...unless I randomly find them, which would really make me happy. And I did! It made my day.





After that, I went for a boat tour to see Paris at night, it was indeed very romantic!

 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved