Family time

Saturday 17 October 2015

The other day, I was doing some work in my room and heard a knock on my door.

"Stop bothering me, I'm busy!" I said, annoyed, thinking that it was my mom.

"It's me! I just wanted to see if you lost and gained weight." It was my grand-mother. I was surprised that it was her, and I immediately felt bad for what I said earlier. My grandmother doesn't live with me, and she came all the way here to see me...because I left home for a month. So I came out and talked to her for a while and told her that we should go for dimsum together soon, which we did today.

My grandmother likes to tell me about how stupid my grandfather is, because he fell down the escalator the other day and couldn't get up. She had to get back down to help him. Sometimes, I feel bad for my grandfather because he's always the victim; everybody scolds him all the time. It's true that he gets lost all the time, he has a bad temper, likes to gamble and he isn't logical, etc...I still thinks he's adorable. His favorite hobby is recording Chinese series. My grandmother is even more adorable, she loves to bake muffins and learn new recipes from her Italian neighbor.

Today isn't any special day, but I'm happy I spent some time with them. I feel like I don't spend enough time with my family, especially my grandparents. As soon as I came back home on Monday, my mom called my grandmother to let her know that I got home safe. I feel like I don't talk to them often enough...it's always my mom that has to act as the intermediate person between us.

After the dimsum, we went to a store to get some food, and the lady at the cash said to my grand-father "Is it a special day today? Your whole family is shopping together!"

"Yes, my granddaughter brought us to dimsum! I have two granddaughters actually," my grandfather proudly said, "those two!"pointing at me and my sister. He was all happy.

The little things we do matter to them...and I want to spend more time with them from now on.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved