Barcelona: Unknown stranger

Tuesday 13 October 2015

I stayed in a hostel in Barcelona, and there was that Asian guy in the same room who I didn't talk to, but I heard him talk about him quitting his job that was too stressful for him. He worked in the banking industry in New York and started questioning about where his life is heading.  He might potentially travel up to a year and get to know himself and this world, discover and reflect about his future.

A lot of people tried to convince him that it's a risk to quit his job and to quit the traditional route set for us....but he knows he'll be at a better place when he goes back home. It's hard to just leave your life and your comfort behind after so much hard work, but if you wonder about the bigger world out there? if you think you're not totally happy? if you need inspiration? if you're lost? if you think maybe? Then, it's time to do something about it. He's a good conversationalist, and has an interest in other people.

I could relate to him, even though I didn't quit my job...I just got fired, haha.

On the day he had to leave, I went to eat breakfast downstairs as he was packing in the room. When I got back up to the room, he left already...but I found a beer on my bed. I wasn't sure at first, but I knew it was him ...and it made me smile. Although we didn't talk, we somehow came across each other in Barcelona, I heard his story, and he left me a beer. It's almost as if we met in some way. I wished we actually talked to each other. Life is strange.

I hope we meet again someday, somewhere in the world.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved