Mindless Self Indulgence concert

Thursday 18 April 2013

I got out of the office on a wednesday evening, grabbed dinner at school with a friend and then went to see one of the best concerts of my life!



Would you believe me if I said I sometimes miss being a student? Eating lunchbox in a study room, wasting time at school, walking around, sitting around, sleepless nights spent studying....no wait, I never not slept to study. I see those arts students walking around school looking like zombies, those engineering students in their labs with their face burried in the computers...what kind of life, eh. Everything seems so distant now.



I couldn't really take a nice picture, but here's one.

The first time I heard a song from Mindless Self Indulgence was probably when I was in college. I liked them the first time I heard them; I thought there was a something about them. Most songs you hear on the radio these days are forgettable. Although, it's not a group I listen to on a regular basis, I never forgot them because I thought they were quite unique...

Jimmy, the frontman, has such a powerful stage presence and a dark sense of humor. I almost fell in love with him. He put on a interactive, insane and high-energy performance. I felt like I was watching a living cartoon. He came on stage wearing a green plastic bag, and then ripped it off. At times, he would talk on the phone with God, at other times, he would play with his spirit plush.

Every song they played had the entire room bouncing. The show ended with Jimmy lip-singing to an opera song, holding a shiny red mic, with green lights in the background. I don't know why, but he reminded me of a sad clown at that moment.That moment felt nostalgic, I miss them already.

Fantastic moments happen when you don't take yourself too seriously, and these guys are so much fun! I had an amazing time!
 
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved