Roses have thorns

Sunday 31 October 2010

Today I'm finally convinced of one thing: Those who claim to never lie are really the biggest talkers and are lying right there while making that statement. I heard so many times how they never lie no matter how brutal the truth can be and how it can possibly hurt. It sounds so sincere but I realized that this statement only holds as long as the truth is brutal on anyone but themselves. Those are only the truths of little significance because they are not hard to tell. On the other hand, as soon as the truth is potentially hurting their own self-image, they'd lie to feel better about themselves because the truth is not so easy to admit anymore. Then of course, the typical argument that follows is that they lied in the purpose of keeping someone's feelings from getting hurt hoping that their motives would appear to be more honourable. It's actually so pathetic that it makes me laugh. We all know that the truth doesn't hurt; truth heals. It's denial that hurts.

I heard the most beautiful lies in my life and I once desperately hoped I were wrong and over-analysed things...so I forced myself to believe in what I doubted was the truth. Needless to say I regret it and I'll never let that happen again. Roses have thorns, remember this.


PS.: A message to liars: Don't lie to people who are smarter than you, ha.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved