Childhood friends

Friday 16 August 2013

I met with a friend that I haven't seen in over 10 years today.

What I remember of him is that we used to insult each other a lot, especially in the school bus. And he would always say mean things in Cantonese, and the problem is that my Cantonese was not good at that time since I spoke Taishanese at home, so I would always just repeat what he just said and I could not be creative, haha. He says he doesn't remember that though, and that he wanted to go out with me but I looked too mean.

"That girl lives on the same street, we go to the same school, but she would always ignore me and keep her nose in a book!" Kenneth said.

"She used to ignore me too when I asked her questions." Jackie replied.

"Doesn't she look more cheerful now? Let's embrace the moment because maybe next time I see her, like in 9 years, she will be mad again like before."





What's funny is that none of us were close in elementary school, but now that we live so far apart, I feel like we were always friends, and occasions like these are rare. How many ten years are there in life, right?
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved