30 day hot yoga challenge: Day 6

Saturday 4 May 2013

This is day 6 of the 30-day hot yoga challenge and you know what? I'm addicted to hot yoga already!

Sweating makes me feel awesome as weird as it sounds; it makes me feel calm mentally. After every class, I see new opportunities to improve and to open up my mind. It changes the way I think about exercising. I still like to run, but what goes through my mind is very different when I run, I tend to see running as a test and I think I need both in my life.

I used to be as weak as a jellyfish and as inflexible as a plank of wood, especially after my injury. Now, I already see improvements since day 1. I can't wait to hear what the chiropractor says next time I go for an adjustment.

The type of yoga that I've been doing is heated vinyasa, which allows for a lot of variety and fast-paced movements in a room of 39 degrees and high humidity. I think this type of yoga is a better fit for type-A people as opposed to the slow and hold your pose for 10 minutes type of yoga...because I'd fall asleep. 

The teachers also make a difference, I can feel a connection with them and it makes me want to come to their classes. They are so loveable and reflect a positive energy, which is so refreshing to someone like me who works in such a competitive environment where people wear a smile on the exterior. 

PS.: This is weird, but there doesn't seem to be much difference between when I was 142 lbs and now...Hmmm. I should've taken a picture from behind, because according to people I know, I lost at least 5 pounds from behind, ha.


 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved