30 day hot yoga challenge: Day 21

Sunday 19 May 2013


I just did two hot yoga sessions in one day today, because I missed 4 classes (1 day because I had a shoot, 1 day because I had a rehearsal, 1 day because I had an appointment with the chiropractor and another because I really but really wanted to run). Okay, enough excuses. Now, I have to do 3 other doubles to catch up.

The challenge ends in a week and a half, and I kind of just want to let it be. I think the spirit of yoga is to do what you want to do when you feel like doing it, if not then don't. BUT! It's a challenge, and even though it's hard and my body is exhausted, I really want to complete this! I want to be able to tell people that I completed the challenge, not trying to be cute and go like, "Oh, I did the challenge, but I missed a couple of days here and there, hehe". That's not what I want.

I've been eating better and making better choices since I started practising yoga; I used to be the most ignorant person about food. Actually, I was sick for a month because of the sudden diet change. I used to love fatty food, I eat pizza in the morning, and eat cream cheese with a spoon, ha. Now, I usually have oatmeal in the morning, which I didn't even know existed before. As stupid as I may sound, I never had oatmeal in my life! I've been snacking on birds' food as my mom would call it (grains and nuts), instead of chocolate et chips. I still get my dose of cheese and fatty food on a weekly basis so I don't go crazy.

My skin looks better, and I lost a couple more pounds. I'm now at 122 lbs, which is 18 lbs in total since the beginning of my weight loss journey. I thought I would stop at 125 lbs, but I think I look fine now as well. And honestly, I don't care about that number on the scale anymore; I'll just maintain this lifestyle and let my body settle where it wants to.

This is the first time I lose weight at a steady and healthy pace. Some people have been telling me to stop going further, and I'm like...dude, don't you worry, I'm not anorexic. If I really were starving myself, I wouldn't be able to do hot yoga every day.

People don't need to be actually fat to start exercising and taking care of themselves.

PS.: One of my yoga teacher is so hot. There's a little something about boys who do yoga...It's so sexy.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved