2015

Wednesday 6 January 2016

I am a few days late...but 2015 was pretty unbelievable. It was filled with adventures, and to me, an adventure doesn't have to be anything grand; it can be as simple as doing just one little thing different than before. I really don't know how everything happened, but I know it's meant to be.

My life is almost upside down right now; I went from having a stable job to doing nothing similar. I blamed others for choosing a safe path, but I also chose a safe path all along. It made sense to choose a path towards comfort, security, and stability.

...climbing mountains in ice cold weather doesn't make sense.
...travelling alone as a woman doesn't make sense.
...not having a stable job doesn't make sense.
...seeking some great perhaps doesn't make sense.

The truth is, we can't just sit by and say we've already made our decisions, finished our striving, lived our adventure by getting a 9-5 job or by starting a family. I guess it's something that is always in the back of the mind of a 9-5er, why am I working all the time, and what else I can do with my life...Sometimes we're stuck in currents that won't let us go...but nobody has it figured out; we're all trying to figure out our path. That's okay because the joy is in the journey and no one has the answers, not even the wise old men...

...but I think those adventures come pretty close to the real answer...

This year, I slept at a king's palace in India, spent new year's at Taj Mahal, sailed in sacred Ganges, jumped off a moving train, survived the White Mountains, slid down Noonmark, slept alone in the woods, found a new job and got fired, drove 1000km to our land's end with friends, crawled in a cave, cooked pizza over campfire, attempted to camp with my mom to end up sleeping in the car, introducing new friends to hiking, watched whales on a Kayak, explored ruins, joined mountain nomads for a cup of tea, rode camels and mules, slept under the stars in mighty Sahara, explored tunnels in Pyramids, sailed down the Holy Nile, fell in love with colorful Barcelona, went on a boat cruise in romantic Paris, climbed the dome of St. Peter's Basilica in Rome....everything was magical and confronting all at once.

It is disturbing how our potential weakens due to our society's defense of the comfortable norm. Pride is not at the forefront of my feelings...I just feel fortunate to have the strength and the health to experience all that 2015 have brought!

I don't have resolutions for the new year, but I hope I can learn to be more open-minded, to not let pride get in the way of life's most beautiful things, and be patient enough to not settle for less...
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved