Spicy Italian sauce with sausages

Thursday 25 August 2011




"Show me please, please, please!" I try to convince Jonathan to teach me how to make that spicy Italian sauce. "So that when we break up, I'll still be able to eat this."

"No, that's why I'm not showing you."

"By the way, you didn't give me anything for my birthday," I remind him. "Do you want me to remember for the rest of my life that you didn't celebrate my birthday with me?!"

...and he finally decided to show me how it's done!

Ingredients
2 X 796 ml cans of diced tomatoes, no salt
1 pack of 5 Olymel Italian spicy sausage
Extra virgin olive oil
1 pack of Basil leaves
Crushed red chili
Garlic

Directions
1. In a pot, heat the chili and oil in medium low heat. (I used the 7 o'clock position on the burner's dial). How much oil and chili? Refer to the picture below.

2. Add sausages. Turn them occasionally and cook until evenly browned.

3. While you're waiting for your sausages to turn brown. Peel the garlic. You should do this step before you crush the tomatoes, because tomatoes can eliminate the smell of garlic from your fingers apparently.

4.Gently crush the tomatoes into smaller pieces with your hands, as if you're giving a massage.

5. Add the peeled garlic and a thin layer of salt in the crushed tomatoes pot.

6. When sausages turn evenly brown, pour the mix of tomatoes, garlic and salt in the pot.

7. When it starts to boil, lower the heat to the 9 o'clock position. From now on, it's important to stir every 5 minutes until you remove the sausages from the pot. The main reason this sauce tastes so good is because it takes a lot of patience.



8. After 65 minutes, add the basil. Don't forget to remove the stems.

9. Wait another 25 minutes, cut a sausage open to see if it's done cooking. If it's not done cooking, wait until it is. If it is, take them out and you can stop stirring every 5 minutes from now on.

10. Let the sauce simmer for another 50 minutes and start crushing the garlic one by one.

11. Wait until the sauce becomes consistent and thick. You know it is when it moves like a firm pair of boobs in Jonathan's words.

12. Finally, serve over favorite pasta. This should be enough for 5 people, or it can be stored in the refrigerator.

I swear it's the best sauce I've ever had.
I could eat this everyday for the rest of my life ♥
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved