An end and a beginning

Friday 19 August 2011

It's 5PM and I officially quit my job today. For those who didn't know, I worked in one of the leading Canadian privately-held business in the worldwide export of vehicles. The company provided me with a good start in my career. I'm infinitely thankful for the opportunity that I've been given and for all the things I've learned.

Resilience is a different kind of perseverance that I learned this year. It is not the kind of perseverance that involves resolute drive, energy and persistence. Resilience is characterized by flexibility. It’s about altering your thoughts without being a synonym of abandonment.

There was an extended period of time when I made myself very unhappy for a decision that was traditionally the best and an option that was considered most desirable by peers. However, that option didn't mold into the right environment, the right timing, and most importantly, my uniqueness. I thought I had the strength to bulldoze my way through everything, but the pressure of bearing such aspirations was painfully heavy.

Goals are like stars; you may never reach them but they will guide you in your quests. I've been thinking about a lot of things lately; our globalized world, economic trends, industry demands and I asked myself what all that means to me. I always wanted to follow my instincts, explore more, learn more and discover home. Home is not a place but a time. Timing is everything. There's that Chinese saying that goes "Take a step back, you'll see a wide open sea and the vastness of the sky." That’s exactly what I did and now, I’m finally hired by one of the top Canadian accounting firms.

I still remember how desperate I once was to find a job.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved