Weekly little adventures (W14): WiFinance.ca

Sunday 24 September 2017

For the past year and a half, I was just content doing what I was doing. I was content because I had the freedom to choose my schedule to a certain point, I like to be creative and help my clients and decide the way I want to work, and I felt valued.

However, it's difficult to delegate the work that I'm doing because it's mostly consulting work, and to train someone for it would take years. I've always advertised myself as Elaine, and clients want to work with me because it's me. Even though I had freedom day to day, I didn't have enough freedom to go on vacations for extended periods of time. Sure, I can work less if I wanted, but clients still need me and I like to provide a good service and be there for them. I'm proud but exhausted. I feel there is something I can do differently.

Exactly 7 weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to change. I wanted to grow. I wanted to be able to work from anywhere in the world, and I wanted to be able to delegate some work. I decided to try cloud accounting, and to grow that part of my business. In the past several weeks, I took all the necessary steps to build the foundation, from finding a good name, building the website, filed all papers for incorporation, set up payroll, got certified on different platforms, etc. Now, I'm finally ready to work on growth. I'm just excited to see where all of this will go.

 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved