Weekly little adventures (W13): Climbing harder

Sunday 17 September 2017

Climbing has been a passion of mine for over a year. When I first started, I was pretty self-conscious and never went alone. I wish I had a private gym so that nobody could see me climb. Now even though I got much better, I'm still a bit self-conscious. I avoid trying harder stuff above my limit, and failing repeatedly on the same problem.

Sometimes, when I see people working on the same problem all evening and falling at the same place for the 50th time...I kind of laugh and admire at the same time, and for the very same reason. Persistence looks silly until it pays off.

Very often, I would just move on and try something else and that also means that improvement have been much slower in the past several months. Very often crux moves require your body to learn a new movement and trying one time isn't enough. That being said, I've decided to not give up on a problem unless I've tried it at least 10 times.

 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved