Finding someone

Monday 27 July 2015

This summer, a relative, who is the same age as me, got married. I didn't want to go to her wedding because I knew that people will be asking me things like, "when is you turn, my dear?" I didn't want to answer those questions. Why does that matter? Why do people ask? Why do I have to find someone to marry?

I'm not going to lie; it does give me pressure, especially when those questions come from my mom. I used to want to be married at 25, have kids and live a happy life, it just didn't turn out that way. Not sure why my life always seems more complicated than normal. 

I might look free and happy, travelling the world, going to places that people have never been, hiking alone in the mountains, competing in races, but I think maybe all that made me lonelier. I find it harder and harder to find someone to relate to. For the past two years, I just feel like series of bad things keep happening to me, one after the other, and I keep meeting people that are inappropriate for me. It makes me want to hide and to retreat. 

Of course I want to find someone too, but as I get older, I start to wonder why. When was the last time being with someone made me happy? I can't seem to remember. Then I wonder, when was last time being with someone made me sad...

Life hasn't been kind to me lately.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved