Dating game part 3: The BMX guy

Saturday 4 October 2014

I don't know if this one is worth talking about because I can barely remember why I liked him. I think I'll just talk about him without going into details...

I remember it was towards the end of my biggest mandate. I worked until midnight that week, and I was mentally drained. On Friday, I was supposed to go to this event called Jackalope, which is an demonstration and competition event; mainly for skateboarding. Yes, I have a thing for skaters since high school.

I went home and took a nap, I was not far from cancelling on my friend, because I was so dizzy. I forced myself to get up nonetheless. We watched that flatland BMX demonstration, which he was part of. He had curly blond hair that was tied up. Other than that, the only things I noticed was how skinny and tattooed he was...totally not my type of guy, but he grabbed my attention, because he performed so much better than the other BMX guy.

The next day, I added him on facebook and we talked almost everyday; he said he saw me at the event. However, I also notice something about him that started bothering me already; he seemed to have a hard time refusing things...and his method to do it is by changing the subject completely and immediately, which pisses me off everytime, but I tried to ignore it at first.

We hung out the following weekend. The original plan was to go to the Tam-tams, which I never went to, but it wasn't a nice day so we ended up driving around. When we drove past my high school, he said "I went to this high school." I was like..."Huh? I went to this high school too!" He is two years older so we probably never noticed each other. We had nowhere to go so we went to the Belvedere in Westmount to talk.

One question he asked me that I still remember was "Are you like the man in a relationship?" to which I confidently answered yes. "Are you more like the girl?", and he timidly said yes. It was pretty sweet and we even saw a rainbow.

Here are a few things that I learned:
-He spent a few years in China and speaks fluent Mandarin
-His dad's been to over hundred countries in a Westfalia
-He's starting a business to promote BMX
-He's traveled quite a bit too, but always for competitions
-We went to the same high school
-He went to cegep St-Laurent and I went to Vanier, which is next door

The thing is...he's the complete opposite of what I like in men. I don't like blond hair, blue eyes, skinny guys without good jobs...and he was all of that. But he had a passion for what he was doing, which I liked a lot and I rarely met anybody like him. I like talented and knowledgeable men, no matter in which field.

The next week, he was going to New Orleans for his competition and I was leaving for Central America. We found out that we were leaving on the same day around the same time, so I asked him if he wanted to meet up at the airport. He took hours to respond to each texts, without ever answering the question itself. My question was pretty straightforward, and I really don't appreciate that he doesn't answer straightforwardly.

As I was going through airport security, I was still hoping to see him but I didn't. So, I just went to my departing gate. Then, they announced that my gate changed, so I had to walk back...and that's when I bumped into him. I thought he probably didn't want to see me, so I was just going to say goodbye and tell him that I'm going the other way. But he said he wanted to come wait with me, which was sweet of him...but then, any friend would do the same.

I was only leaving for three weeks, but I had the feeling that we might not talk to each other anymore when I come back, because we barely knew each other. I made an effort to talk to him once in a while during my trip, but eventually got tired of it because I felt like it was always one-way; I was a guy chasing a girl.

I felt a distance between us...in the sense that I don't think he understands most things I do. For example, I don't think he understands responsibilities, and why it's not always about what I want, why do I choose to work in an office, why did I stay in school to suffer, etc. Maybe he even thinks that I'm a superficial and materialistic kind of girl.

When I came back to Montreal, I didn't go to his event that he invited me to before I left. The reason I said I would go is because I wanted to see him...but he doesn't even care that much about me anyways, so I didn't bother.

I can't remember how I realized that he doesn't like me, but I sent him a postcard, and asked him if he received it. He said he will open his mailbox later, but it took him several days to open the mailbox. If someone I liked sent me a postcard, I would go open my mailbox the second I hear about it.

One day, I got even more fed up when he asked me to come hang out with him. "Where?" I asked...but once again, he changed the subject completely. It's not the first time he does that, and this time just hit my limit. I can't deal with this. We stopped talking to each other completely now. I don't feel sad or anything, I'm too impatient for that.

There really wasn't that much to say about him...not much happened. I decided to write about him nonetheless because I go on so many dates that I stopped making efforts...but with him, I felt like there was a little something...
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved