Shanghai: Part I

Saturday 14 June 2008

Date: June 14th, 2008

Part I:
-Din Tai Feng @ Xin Tian Di
-Old City of Shanghai
-Yuyuan

----------------------------------------------------


One day in Shanghai. Yes 1 day only. We had to get up at 6 to catch the train...I was so tired because I went out the night before even if I knew I had to get up early -__- Sorry if I look like shit in every picture, but it was too early! We didn't even club in Shanghai because we had class the next day so we had to go back to Hangzhou...

First of all, Shanghai is 2 hours away from Hangzhou by train. The trains are just so dirty...people eat and drink and throw their garbage on the floor...eww it was just nasty.



Hehe I look like I lack of vitamin



We went to this very famous restaurant called 鼎泰丰 (Ding Tai Feng) to have breakfast. When you go to Ding Tai Feng, you gotta make sure that you try their 小笼包(Xiao Long Bao) because they have the BEST! It's so juicy and you can't compare that with those you eat at Dim Sum places in Montreal which are completely disgusting! It would be like comparing heaven and hell...



Hmmm...Yum Yum =)
Without exageration, I never ate something sooooo fuckin good!!


After having breakfast, we went to visit the old city of Shanghai. There were so many tourists and it makes me hate tourists so much, but it's a classic tourist point of Shanghai so we still went just so that we can tell others we went to Shanghai. It's like...you haven't really been to Toronto if you didn't visit the CN tower and you can't say you've been to New York if you never seen the statue of liberty, obviously!




Oh, if you're a woman travelling alone, try to not look lost by acting like a tourist because some people will try to take advantage of you. I was approached by at least 10 random guys trying to sell me fake stuff. And they don't go "Hi miss, would you like some X and Y? no? okay thanks". They are really annoying and they won't let you go until you get mad and push them away.

Here's an example of things you should never do:

EXAMPLE #1: Taking a map or travel guide out!


I was obviously just pretending!


EXAMPLE #2: Taking pictures of random things in the middle of a street!

...not pretending





That's how the streets looked like. Many tourists and many shops with all kinds of stuff , you can find anything...like really anything you can think of.


Then, we went to Yuyuan which is one of the finest Chinese garden, but if you want my opinion, I'd say if you saw one, you saw them all...a bridge here, a temple there...

























At that same place, you can find..... temples, DUH! It's nothing exciting, but we still checked it out. I actually never saw anything like that before except on TV.























----------------------------------------------------

Part II:
-Nanjing Road
-The bund
-Oriental Pearl
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved