Good old days

Sunday 29 September 2019


I'm back from the woods where I spent a weekend in a cabin without reception. We completely disconnected and we just played cards, talked to each other, cooked food and listened to 90s music. It was really just like the good old days. It was a rainy weekend, and we did not go out much, but it was a weekend more than well-spent and I feel it was completely full.

I've always dreamed of living somewhere far far away where I could just live off the land and stop relying on technology. Maybe that's too ambitious for me, but doing small things in my every day life already make me feel more sane. I don't own a TV at home, I stopped looking at my screen just to pass time, I don't even listen to music anymore when I'm outside, and I always try to be alert to my surroundings. Focusing on one thing at a time is still difficult for me, but when I do, even if it's not for very long, makes me feel content and connected to real life.

Memories are still the greatest treasure that a person can hold, far greater than any electronic device on the planet.





 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved