Weekly little adventures (W2): Rediscovering running

Sunday 2 July 2017


I used to be a quite good long-distance runner, but it was always something I did due to various obsession-worthy psychotic goals. It was usually accompanied with intense focus and heavy training. The whole process what not enjoyable; I would avoid people, cars, busy intersections, etc. I never ran for the sake of running.

This week, my client invited me for a stay on the shores of Lake Raymond, adjacent to the P'tit train du Nord, a 200km linear park...and I decided to try running again...

Surprisingly, running felt different this time; it felt relaxing. It wasn't for weight loss, it wasn't for any competition, nor was it goal-oriented. Time and distance didn't matter. I ran with a mind of meditation and I ran because I was inspired to. The clean air of nature, endless forestscapes dotted with lakes, green valleys and picturesque villages made me feel present in the moment. I truly found some joy in running this time...

I felt more energetic than when I started.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved