Anh

Saturday 6 May 2017


I was 20 years old when we met at an interview at a foreign school where we would be assigned to different levels. She was from the United States, and was there to teach English. She was short, had big pretty eyes and long black hair. We instantly clicked and became good friends.

We spent the whole summer of 2009 together. Everyday, she would come get me during lunch breaks even if I was feeling emo and didn't feel like leaving the classroom. We would chat and eat lunch in the hallway and leave school together. One time, I remember it was raining heavily after school and none of us had an umbrella. She was wearing converses and I was wearing flip flops, we laughed so much and walked so casually without any of the worries of this life. We shared so many stories and laughter.

I remember on my last night, we went to eat BBQ, we talked about our past relationships, and what got us to leave home and explore the world. The next day, she came to see me again before my flight. We had a huge meal at pizza hut where I overfilled by bowl with yogurt and spilled on the whole floor all the way from the buffet to our table. I was a bit embarrassed and she laughed so hard. We then took a picture in front of a make-up store; it was our one and only picture together.

She was a good girl, full of life and joy, who wasn't afraid to express herself, she had so many little quirks, and had a great sense of humor. She wasn't afraid of scars and dirt, she knows how to enjoy life and always went all in in everything she did. She had big dreams and always followed her heart. She went on to become a pilot and had the world at her feet.

I felt very connected with her, because we were very similar...we were both young and lost and trying to figure out who we are and where we stood. She was very passionate and authentic. The world is so big and there are so many people that we will never meet...but I was fortunate enough to cross path with her.

Yesterday, she died in a plane crash. I'm sad and confused...and I just want to hug her so badly and see her smile again.

That summer will always stay in my heart.
 
>
Copyright © Miss-EJ.com. All Rights Reserved